Make the pledge
As well as encouraging the LGB&T communities to become involved with the site, the Consortium is launching an exciting new pledge for borough councils, health bodies, police services and transport services across the capital; giving you the opportunity to highlight your commitment to equalities specifically for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans service users.
LGB&T London matters
With an estimated 450,000 LGB&T people living in London, now is the time to show your commitment to LGBT-inclusive services by signing the pledge. Being LGB and/or T often means you're less likely to use services; sometimes due to actual or perceived homophobia and transphobia; sometimes because of other discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
You will be featured on the site and will be able to use the pledge branding on your literature and publications, communicating your pledge to London’s diverse LGBT communities. Sign up to the pledge values right here:
- We will commit to listening and responding to the needs of our regional or borough lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans networks, ensure the needs are met, and strive to set up an effective network if one does not already exist.
- We will always assess the impact and suitability of policies, strategic commitments, tenders and service commissions on lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans individuals.
- We will actively invite people from the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans communities to take part in local decision-making and community forums, and monitor the attendance of LGB&T individuals.
- We will communicate regularly with London’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans communities, both through our own media channels and through lgbtlondon.com.
Practice what you pledge
Your pledge is a commitment to better engage with LGBT people in your local area. You can show your involvement in a number of ways:
- Display a pledge logo in your communications
- Listen and respond to LGBT people using your services through this website
- Use LGBT London to compare attitudes to your services with those in other boroughs
- Use the directory of local LGBT groups and organisations to become involved in their work
- Make your services more LGBT-friendly based on feedback from LGBT London
Where to start
For more information about how you can get involved contact Mark Delacour at the Consortium by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7064 6512.