Terms of service
aka ‘the boring stuff’!
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of LGBT London. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on LGBT London and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing LGBT London, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use LGBT London:
- in a manner that infringes or violates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libellous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, colour, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to LGBT London without authorisation;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of LGBT London or prevent others from using LGBT London, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to LGBT London, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use LGBT London;
- to use any manual or automated means to access or manage any user's account or to monitor or copy LGBT London or the content contained therein;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through LGBT London or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Network or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Network for the purposes of automating logins to LGBT London;
- Post any content containing child pornography to LGBT London;
- Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from LGBT London - except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by "well-behaved";
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on LGBT London’s infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, LGBT London
- Use LGBT London as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of LGBT London); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilise any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of LGBT London.
You understand and agree that all data from LGBT London including registration information, profile data, answers to profile questions, all content and other information contributed by members, and statistical information and analytics relating to usage and interactions within LGBT London may be collected and used by the Consortium of LGBT VCOs in any manner permitted by applicable law.
In addition to your obligations above, You agree not to authorise or encourage any third party to use LGBT London to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct.